Wednesday, May 28, 2008

P90X Weeks 2 and 3

Got behind a bit with the posts - my apologies if you were checking it now and again and didn't see any updates.

I've completed three weeks of P90X now and am happy with the progress. Workouts that were extremely difficult at first have become doable, and instead of dread I look forward to each workout with anticipation.

I ran into some trouble in Week Three - I had a crazy 24 hour flu one night which made me miss a day. I picked up where I left off the next day, but then a vacation weekend came up and I missed another day due to getting ready to go. On the vacation I attempted to catch up by doing two workouts in one day...which caught me up, and kicked my butt at the same time. Coming home from that vacation brought me into Week Four, where I'm now three days into the week, but haven't done a single workout. It is supposed to be a "recovery week" - so the program isn't the same and it's mostly easier routines and stretching or cardio. Next week begins the second phase which will be tougher than the first, and different of course - part of keeping one step ahead of my body so I don't plateau.

What to do? Try and make up the three missed workouts, doing two a day until I'm caught up? Or just pretend I didn't miss those three days and pick up where I would be? I can't decide...I'm leaning toward the latter, especially since doing two in a day last week took so much of my energy. Week Four's report should say what I ended up doing (if I can get on top of the blog and make one on time!).

Anyways the program is going well despite the couple mishaps along the way. Here are some pictures (scattered throughout the post) to show my progress (if any) - these were taken at the official end of Week Three. It's hard to see it sometimes - I feel way better, but these pictures don't look a whole lot better than the "before" pictures. I know it's only been three weeks so I probably shouldn't be expecting any huge change yet, but anyways have a look.

No comments: