Monday, May 12, 2008

P90X: Week 1

So I thought at first I would take a new set of pictures each week to track my P90X progress but it's actually been nine days since I started and I'm already a couple days late with this report as it is. Adding pictures - well it probably wouldn't happen until the end of two weeks. So with that, I'll attempt to post pictures of the progress at the end of Week Two. Hopefully I can deliver, because I know my fans need their entertainment! And I need their encouragement (teasing?)!

Anyways, a few words about my first week with P90X. I did 7 different workouts, one each day of the week:
1. Core Synergistics
2. Cardio X
3. Shoulders and Arms
4. Yoga X
5. Legs and Back
6. Kenpo X
7. X Stretch

If you are familiar with the program at all you may recognize that as the Lean Routine - a little more cardio than the Classic Routine and less muscle work. As mentioned in the original P90X post I chose this routine to get warmed up and used to P90X in general. And I'm glad I did! Looking at what the Classic would have been, I may not have been able to finish one week!

This is serious stuff and very intense, but it's great too - I already feel much better even if the results aren't completely visible. By the seventh day I was very sore, but the X Stretch workout was great to loosen me back up and get me ready for the next week, which is a repeat of the first. I do that same sequence three weeks in a row, then it changes up for Week Four, then a new sequence for the next three weeks after that.

By far the hardest particular workout I've done is the Yoga workout. Last summer when visiting my older brother Matt I made fun of him for doing Yoga occasionally...had I had any idea what Yoga could be like I wouldn't have (sorry Matt)! I have only ever felt that level of exhaustion after 60+ miles in a desert race.

I'm already into Week Two a couple days, but I'm feeling good. Entertainment...err pictures coming at the end of the week with the report. Teasing...err encouragement in the form of comments is appreciated as always!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a freak Nate