Friday, August 22, 2008

USRA Round 5: Cherry Creek National H&H

When I was but a lad of five years old I remember my aunt coming to baby sit me while my family went out to race motorcycles. I guess my older brothers Mike and Matt had been bugging my dad to race and he finally let in and so they went off to race the legendary race called Cherry Creek, which was a National race that all the big shots came to.

My dad, mom, and three brothers all raced in it. I'm not sure how everyone did but I know my dad hurt himself real good and I think Paul got lost, don't know for sure though.

Last year after my first race attempt, teamed with Paul, I was going to race by myself at the Cherry Creek race for that year. Paul couldn't make it for some reason and said I could use the Blue Tank. I was all ready to go when at the last minute family commitments kept me from going.

So with that when it came around this year I really wanted to make this race. Paul wouldn't make it as he would be in Arizona racing, so this would be a chance for me to gain on him in points (not that it would help much - he was more than triple my points).

I was ready to go but a few weeks prior to the race my wife got an invite to do a horse show in which she would pretty much have all expenses paid. This would likely be her last chance to do something like that for several years as we have been thinking about growing our family a little more, so I, being the amazing good husband that I am, and a perfectly charming man to whit, decided to miss Cherry Creek yet one more time so my wife could compete in her horse show.

She did really well, sadly the judge at the event didn't know much about her style of riding and so she didn't get the 1st place finish she deserved, but she had a good time and still did well.

So no race report for this one - but I do have a video. There's a really cool group of guys that follow the National Hare and Hounds around and film them. They're called Promoto.tv. They missed the Sage Riders National, but they were there for Cherry Creek. Click Here to see the video of the pro's on the Cherry Creek course.

Browse through their videos, they're all top notch. When I say cool group of guys I mean it - I emailed them once about how I liked their videos and suggested a song for them to use in one. Thinking they probably wouldn't use it because they likely had a whole list of songs already in waiting to use, I offered it in hopes that maybe next year or something I'd hear the song in one of their videos. To my surprised their next video after I emailed them had it in it. So check them out and support them if you can - cause they're awesome!

Almost caught up! Only two more race reports and we're on schedule!

No comments: